[Wine] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dinput patches for Wine 1.4

DankoB wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 8 19:22:40 CST 2012

Hi everyone, I've been installing software on my Mac using Wine for quite some time

Mac OS X 10.6.8
2GB RAM
ATI X1600 128 MB

Not the best specs but you'd be surprised at what will run on such an old rig.

My main inquiry for this post is concerning the Stalker series and the patch that fixed the mouse issues present in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat pre 1.4 stable. Since around the 1.3.24 the patch I would normally use was no longer compatible due to changes in the mouse.c file.

This is the patch I had been using - http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=15638&action=diff&context=patch&collapsed=&headers=1&format=raw

Recently mr_lundis posted a revised version of this patch which is very nearly working....in fact it does work for certain games (ie F.E.A.R. Platinum & Advent Rising) Unfortunately when used for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the results are not as desirable. The mouse becomes locked on the ground and will not warp correctly.

Here is a link to the revised patch - https://gist.github.com/1958584

Basically I'm wondering if someone here has a keen enough eye or knows what slight changes need to be made in order to make this patch work correctly for the Stalker games affected by the mouse issue. Any help or insight would be greatly appreaciated.

Here's what mr_lundis had to say about the patch