[Wine] Compiling & running 1.4 on 64bit

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Mar 10 10:27:34 CST 2012

> So I guess the problem is in the fact wine installed into /usr/local/bin
> instead of /usr/bin/.
> Is there any way to change that?

	It looks like you installed it by running "make install". This is bad
practice. I suggest to go to the Wine's build directory and run
"make uninstall". It is good idea to never use "make install" and use
checkinstall instead. Run "apt-get install checkinstall" if you do not have it
installed and run "checkinstall" instead of "make install". Then you can
install generated .deb files. Everything will be installed properly at the
usual paths and will be tracked by the packaging system.