[Wine] Compiling & running 1.4 on 64bit

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Mar 11 08:34:48 CDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-11 at 03:36 -0500, layr wrote:
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
> >
> > What does "man type" tell you about it?
> Code:
> laur at debian:~$ man type
> No manual entry for type
OK. You could try "man builtins", which also works here.

Failing that, try "apropos builtin", which should give you the name(s)
of manpages with the 'builtin' keyword in their header lines.

> I have only 3GB of ram. The reason I want the 64bit version is when I
> tried installing 32bit 1.2.3 package I had compiled for other system,
> the installer said it was of a wrong architecture.
Odd. I though 32 bits would run on all hardware - time to raise the
issue with your distro or try a different one?