[Wine] Re: Mouse still not working properly on OS X with 1.4

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 11 23:53:17 CDT 2012

doh123 wrote:
> Aren't those the games that want relative mouse movement?  I thought Xinput2 implemented that so Wine went to Xinput2.  Sadly Xinput2 on the Mac does NOT implement that because the information isn't available.  It runs on top of Quartz, and Quartz does not do that at all as far as I know.

Most games always use relative mouse inputs. They don't care were the cursor is now. They need to know how far user moved the controller.

With that said, Wine needs relative actuator changes (how far user moved mouse not where the cursor is now). And XQuartz only provides absolute coordinates.

As far as workarounds for bug 6971, I think AJ broke most of them. And what more-less used to work before doesn't work now.