[Wine] Re: Mouse still not working properly on OS X with 1.4

zoroaster wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 13 17:08:31 CDT 2012

clocknova wrote:
> Thanoulas over at The Porting Team managed to create a working 1.4 engine wrapper for Fallout: NV by building a custom engine --without-xinput2.

If there is no specification that xinput2 has to support relative mouse input then the official wine should really support a fallback from xinput2 to xinput in this case.  That is what is really needed!

But I have tested "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" with above mentioned custom engine. It would work perfectly if there was not another issue with xinput: You cannot turn around ingame correctly. Rotation around y axis is only possible as long as the (invisible) mouse pointer does not reach the border of the screen. You can configure the possible angle by changing mouse sensitivity in the game configuration, but I did not find a way to make this work without limitation. So a fallback to xinput alone would not be sufficient in general.