[Wine] itunes must work with wine or els!!!

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:55:42 CDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM, dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Michael(A) wrote:
>> But unfortunately people Love itunes and probably would Never stop using itunes, especially this week with the
>> new ipad that just came out!. Lest be honest tho nobody's ever going to want to switch from windows to Linux if
>> itunes doesn't work with Linux
>
> IMO, the only people who are that much in love with i-Tunes are Mac users who wouldn't switch to Linux if you put
> a gun to their head, and plenty of people have already switched to Linux despite the lack of i-Tunes, including you.
> But if you really think it's that important, start writing patches.

I'll second that opinion.  Have worked with Linux (and it still
remains available for the Mac) but chose MacOSX for many reasons,
iTunes is not one of them.  iTunes could be native to Linux if ENOUGH
users demanded it and someone stepped forward to create it.  As it has
been stated, there are alternates so iTunes bugs have a lower
priority.  However, if you are a programmer, you are welcome to look
at how to create code for Wine and start working on the small 'pile'
of bugs that affect the ability to use iTunes with Wine.
Otherwise, you must be patient.  There are many 'bugs' in Wine that
must be fixed for Windows only programs to fully run in Wine.

James