[Wine] Mathematica 6 setup.exe hangs

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 22 15:51:36 CDT 2012

Hi

I have been searching the internet for a solution to this problem and
have found many instances that are very similar. The interesting part is
that not one of them has a straight forward answer to the problem. So
lets try again.
     OS    Debian linux Squeeze distribution
     Wine 1.4
     i-386 system

After going to the /media/cdrom mounting point for the disk I can either
use "wine control" or type in "wine setup.exe" and get the exact same
results. Install Shield starts but then hangs up at the end of the
following messages:

     fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
     fixme:msi:ITERATE_DuplicateFiles We should track these duplicate
files as well
     fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
     fixme:apphelp:ApphelpCheckInstallShieldPackage stub: 0x33f3cc
L"D:\\Wolfram Mathematica 6.msi"

After about 60 seconds or so an error window pops up showing:
     Error 1627
     Function Failed

After I hit the OK buttion I get the following messages before the
program exits to the terminal prompt.

     err:ole:dispatch_rpc no apartment found for ipid
{ffffffff-ffff-ffff-3d00-000023000000}
     err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x80010108
[...]

Is there any way to fix this and what do these error messages mean?

Gary R,