[Wine] Reinstalling gecko after failed install

thesourcehim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 25 01:32:11 CDT 2012

Hi, after I updated to wine 1.5 and launched winecfg, it tried to download and install new version of gecko. I use wine built as wine-wow so it tried to install both 32 and 64 versions. But it failed in one of them, control.exe crashed. I then tried to install gecko from msi packages using msiexec, but the problem is msiexec is not aware of wow configuration. It installs both versions to the same (syswow64) directory overwriting each other. I also tried to remove gecko using msiexec /uninstall and manually, but winecfg doesn't want to download gecko again.
How to do I reinstall gecko properly without deleting ~/.wine ?