[Wine] Re: New to Linux (Xubuntu) - Install Oxford Thesaurus + Dict?

writebunny wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 25 21:12:22 CDT 2012

Thanks for answering. The FAQ helped me understand quite a bit. Now I know how to install software. Unfortunately, it kept failing on all the software I tried.

I first downloaded Wine 1.3 - and tried opening a 15 day trial of the Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus. It would get to the stage of asking me where to install it, I'd click next (leaving it at the default placement) but the "next" button after that was greyed out and not clickable. It wouldn't install.

I downloaded some freeware/shareware dictionaries, but they wouldn't install either - saying something about missing components.

I thought maybe Wine 1.3 was buggy - so I got 1.2 instead. That was worse. It wouldn't even install any of the dictionaries I tried.

I didn't want to buy any thesaurus / dictionary until I was sure.

I guess I'm out of luck.