[Wine] Re: MS Office error - cannot verify license

mgh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 26 19:18:08 CDT 2012

This is what I did, from the AppDB instructions.

Go to etc/mono/2.0 and copy the machine.config file.

paste it in
wine/drive_c/windows/microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/CONFIG

I had to create a CONFIG folder, and in fact pasted the machine.config file in the v2.05.0727 folder, and into the CONFIG folder I created.  After that, I was able to use Wine to install Office 2010 Pro just fine.  Keep in mind, not all the Office applications run under wine.