[Wine] Re: Halo:Combat Evolved with black text and overhead

willb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 26 21:25:23 CDT 2012

I tried wine 1.14, 1.15, ATI catalyst 12.1, and now 12.2. Same problem.

I saved the console output (KhanTG's has full output) for both nvidia and ati. I noticed one difference between the two outputs:

ATI catalyst (the dark text one):

Code:
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:state_lastpixel Last Pixel Drawing Disabled, not handled yet
err:d3d:state_pscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glPointSize(...); @ state.c / 1562
fixme:d3d:state_multisampmask WINED3D_RS_MULTISAMPLEMASK 0 not yet implemented.
err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.
err:d3d:state_pscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glPointSize(...); @ state.c / 1562

Nvidia fglrx (the one that works):

Code:
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:state_lastpixel Last Pixel Drawing Disabled, not handled yet
err:d3d:state_pscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glPointSize(...); @ state.c / 1562
fixme:d3d:state_multisampmask WINED3D_RS_MULTISAMPLEMASK 0 not yet implemented.
err:d3d:state_pscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glPointSize(...); @ state.c / 1562

Basically, ATI catalyst has one extra line:

Code:
err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

Could this be a clue?