[Wine] Re: Gold or Platinium when flaws are not Wine fault.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 29 07:33:25 CDT 2012

etwineb wrote:

> In this cases I should tag the application as Gold or Platinum?
> In other words, Platinum excludes every type of setup or it only excludes dll overrides of Wine built-ins?

Platinum means an app or game works the same as on Windows out of the box. If you have to install something (codec, runtime) separately on Windows to make an app or game work, then having to install it separately in Wine should not affect the rating. If this is the case, you should note that in the Extra Comments section of the test report. FYI, this is also true for bugs in the game or app that exist on Windows, too.