[Wine] No audio drivers available

Dolda2000 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 29 20:53:17 CDT 2012

Dear Forum,

I just upgraded wine from 1.3 to 1.5, and I understand that the audio stack has been reworked. The new one doesn't seem to be working very well for me, though, and I can't figure out why. The Audio tab of winecfg simply says "Selected driver: (None)", without giving me a way to select a driver.

I interpret this as Wine not having found any audio on its host system (Debian Wheezy, AMD64, Linux 3.2), but in that case, why is that so? Audio works just fine for every purpose but Wine.

Does anyone know?