[Wine] Wine 1.4 on Ubuntu

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:26:21 CDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:09 AM, thomasmbrooks
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I was not complaining, at least not to anyone here. I was trying to offer some assistance to the original poster
> in determining if he has the correct version of Wine or not.

That was already handled.

> Complaints to Canonical are certainly appropriate, but I doubt Canonical is going to change anything just
> because I complain about  it. Thus I'm back to having what I have and needing whatever help people can offer to
> help me make the best of it. There are answers available, for example the bare fact that what the package
> manager says is 1.3 is actually 1.4 (unless of course the wine --version command is lying to me.)

If many people complain, it will get fixed (maybe), if no one
complains it will not get fixed.  And advising the Wine project will
not get it fixed.  So, one message to Canonical becomes many and the
package distribution gets updated, no messages and it stays the way it
is.  The issue is not the Wine project's to fix.

James