[Wine] Wine, Mac, and MDAC

Ketchup_Bomb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 30 16:22:20 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I have been searching around for the past few days for a way to emulate a MySQL database access program called ES2 (http://www.veracross.com/resources/es2-setup.html) on the Mac. I have been in contact with the developer about components that the program needs, but the communication has been slow from them, so I have been exploring on my own.

I believe I am close to cracking the egg, but I wanted some input from all you fine folks. Here's my setup as of right now:

[Image: http://s15.postimage.org/o3v35e56h/Screen_shot_2012_03_30_at_2_32_53_PM.png ]

[Image: http://s8.postimage.org/lzde1e843/Screen_shot_2012_03_30_at_2_53_46_PM.png ]

[Image: http://s8.postimage.org/itssb6phv/Screen_shot_2012_03_30_at_2_53_50_PM.png ]

I used winetricks to install those DLLs, and I am unsure if all are necessary. As I was reading posts, I added all that I saw were remotely related to what I was needing. :)

The program opens and loads, and takes me to a log in window. This initial load seems to work just fine. It's when I provide my (correct) credentials that it just gives me a "Login failed" message and quits. I believe the current problem is that a part of MDAC is not installed/configured properly.

Terminal output:
[Image: http://s13.postimage.org/gccj1c59h/Screen_shot_2012_03_30_at_1_53_56_PM.png ]

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class and err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class I assume are the main "errors" that are occurring.

Does anyone have input from here on how I can either get more detailed logging to pinpoint it more if I am missing some DLLs? Or is there a way to determine that the DLLs are installed, but need to be modified slightly to work?

As a side note, if I try to install the MDAC_TYP.EXE (for MDAC) that I downloaded from Microsoft through Wine, I get this as a response:

[Image: http://s18.postimage.org/fyilb9gpj/Screen_shot_2012_03_30_at_3_17_27_PM.png ]

Can I assume that even though a direct Wine install doesn't work, that winetricks did work since obdc32 and obdccp32?