[Wine] Re: Connection problems with Steam games

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 2 16:28:35 CDT 2012

Virtus wrote:
> Okay, I've found a [ur=http://www.noobslab.com/2012/04/install-wine-152-on-ubuntu.htmll]guide elsewhere[/url] and installed new wine.
>
> I don't know how to clean my prefixes, or find installed steam and games so I can erase them. In windows I could right click on an icon and see where it's located, not so much in Wine, because the location can't be found. File search didn't find anything either.
>
> Even with newest version of wine, 1.5.3, the games still meet the same errors. I have no idea how to display terminal output.

If all this stuff goes over your head... (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22942)

Perhaps you should think about using Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/) till you have technical know how to come back to Wine when you have more advanced technical skills (good knowledge of PPAs, console commands, compilation from source, etc.). Wine debugging will not be at all easy for a new user...

Roll on the native Steam client...  8)

Bob