[Wine] Re: Been at it all day ... finally have to ask for help!

Bronloch wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 4 00:01:31 CDT 2012

Also found that disabling the GLSL registry key would probably fix the problem that I encountered with during the root use installed wine-1.5.2. But my regustry did not have a Direct3D folder at all so when I created one I wasn't really sure what to do as there was not a GLSL option to change.

I would like to get Guild Wars1 running as I am in the GW2 beta and hope to run the new game in linux as well.

Recap:
Installed Fedora15
Updated and installed wine via YUM
Launched GW1 but with no text or sound at login screen
Found no proper way to EDIT the registry as it didn't exist
Created Direct3D and GLSL registry folders but no key to edit
Uninstalled wine as root user for safety reasons
Downloaded wine-1.5.2.tar.bz2 and extracted to winetemp directory
Attempted to ./configure tar file and got 32-bit error
Downloaded various GCC libs but can't get it to ./configure so I can then make
Can launch wine in normal user acct but process terminates on its own
HELP!

Thanks in advance!