[Wine] Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Wine 1.5.3, OpenGL issue

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:36:14 CDT 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Mateusz Stachowski
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Until the Precise I was using only 32bit Ubuntu. With these release I've decided to try 64bit and made a clean install (besides the Home
> folder which is the same for 3+ years).
>
> Aside from not been able to build the 32bit version of Wine without chroot environment I've found the 64bit flavor of Ubuntu to be much
> slower. I don't know what's causing it but it's really much slower than the 11.10 32bit that I was using before.
>
> There are also problems with programs nuvolaplayer is even more crashy and very slugish (that didn't exist on 32bit). Flash Player is just
> unusable but I could use it on 32bit with much less crashes.
>

> That's my hardware configuration:
>
> Kernel:  Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64
>
> Distro:   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
>
> CPU:     AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
>            2 cores/threads
>            2300.00 MHz
>
> RAM:    GeIL 2 GB DDR II 800 Dual Ultra CL4

Why would you want to install a 64 bit OS on this system?  You might
not gain anything, and (based on your experience) actually have a
slower system.

I would install a 32 bit version of 12.04 on this system until you can
put 4 GB or more of RAM.

James