[Wine] [Ubisoft's Games]Can't save a game

Berillions wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 8 14:09:30 CDT 2012

Hi,

With Bruno Jesus, we create a hack to pass the ReadFileEx error for the Ubisoft
Game Launcher (see bug #28119). I tried the hack with 3 games and they work correctly.

But for two games (Assassin's Creed 2 and Revelations), the savegame does not
works correctly. The savegame folder is here : "c:/users/berillions/Local
Settings/Application Data/Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegame_storage/XXX/40/"

These folders exist and the savegame files too but when I launch the game,
the savegame is not found, I can only begin a new game.

This is a message that i found in my +file log :
warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to create file
L"C:\\users\\berillions\\Local Settings\\Application Data/Ubisoft Game
Launcher/savegame_storage/YmVyaWxsaW9ucw==/40/2.save.extendedmeta"
(status c0000034)
trace:file:CreateFileW returning 0xffffffff

I create a bug report but i would like to have more information for this error.

Thanks