[Wine] Re: New User.. Just general advice

libspero wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 9 09:42:20 CDT 2012

dimesio wrote:

> You didn't say what version of Ubuntu you're using, but if it's 64 bit 12.04, that version is severely broken for Wine, and the problems are not things that can be worked around with an easy tweak.
>
> -SNIP-
>
> If by "RTCW" you mean Return to Castle Wolfenstein (please use full names when posting), a user posted detailed instructions for installing from two cds on Ubuntu. The instructions are pretty old, but may be worth a try.

It's like you looked inside my computer!  Spooky..  but spot on  :)

Correct in every element,  so yes I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64bit..  I'm guessing this must be the main issue then.

Correct also on the second game (return to castle wolfenstein),  I will try to hunt down the older thread..  presumably I'm going to run into a similar problem again though.

Not great news for me I guess,  but at least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong.  I'll keep an eye on future WINE updates until the compatibility issues are resolved.

Again,  many thanks for your response and helpful information.

Libs