[Wine] Re: install "files for complex script and right-to-left lan

bugged-user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 13 06:24:47 CDT 2012

murgatroid wrote:
> v1.2 bidirectional text support now properly renders hebrew right to left
> in ISA v2.1.2 (http://www.scripture4all.org/)
>
> Awesome.  Thanks!
>
> -v

The above quote is 2 years old and says that text renders properly in a certain software. There's a little problem with it though: it fails to render final vowels for some reason. Even final shin-s have no dots for example and thus you can't tell an "s" from a "sh". This can be missleading for those trying to learn.

"Imagin having t read something lik this".

Also, these "niqqudim" (vowels) aren't exactly in position, all of them are a few pixels off, but this might be a font issue which affects all fonts more or less...

If opening a new threat would be better please let me know, I just don't believe in necrobumping.