[Wine] Re: install "files for complex script and right-to-left lan

bugged-user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 13 17:08:30 CDT 2012

Installed wintricks and tahoma. But that doesn't help and was in vain but thanks for the tip.

I tried a lot of fonts before and I did it again now, conclusions:

There are fonts that don't display/have hebrew niqqud/vowels at all.
There are fonts that render the dot on a final shin yet fail to do the same for a final vav.
There are other fonts like Tahoma, Georgia or Arial that do render all the vowels but they fail to insert them under the letters and appear separately under whitespace which makes things illegible. The font is ugly anyway.

The mistery is that Ezra SIL for example, which ought to be a professional font specially built for Hebrew, renders letters beautifully but fails at displaying both the dot on a final shin and any final niqqud or dagesh. Meaning that I actually loose TWO final sounds on occasion: "amartta" rendered as "amart".

I also don't use Windows so I can't file a bug report cause I'm not sure whether the fonts display fine with ISA 2 on a real windows issue. I'm using bleeding edge Wine though.

So if anyone ussing this program found a font that renders niqud/vowels well, let me know. But I can't file a bug report for I don't know whether the issue lies with the font, the program or my linux host.

So question, does Tahoma work for anyone ? murgatroid ? help ?