[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't do X11, does it?

w91745 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 14 14:13:52 CDT 2012

John Drescher wrote:
> I am unsure what you are asking. Wine will let you run windows applications (not all but a lot - check appdb.winehq.org) on linux and ones with GUIs will run under the X window system.

Sorry, let me ask my Q this way:

Let's say I install Wine + TextPad (a Windows text editing app) on our Linux box.

Can I log into our box remotely, launch TextPad, and have it show on my local desktop via X11? (Assuming I'm running an X server on my local desktop).

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

And thanks for that URL. I see several apps there useful for us.