[Wine] Can't see DOTA 2 Video

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 21:48:00 CDT 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM, prunes4u <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>
> Whenever I run DOTA 2, I can hear the sound effects of the buttons as my mouse moves over the screen, but I can't see the game itself (I can hear the sound but can't see the game). I only see my desktop.
>
> What should I do?
>
> I have wine 1.4

First, try Wine 1.5.4, the current 'development' version to see if
this has already been corrected.
Second, if it has not, please check Wine's bugzilla to see if there is
a bug report for this situation.  If so, add your name to those
concerned about the bug and report that it still exists in current
Wine.

Be prepared to provide additional information, such as log reports
(http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log).

James