[Wine] DirectSoft 5 Serial communications Issue's

samuraimarc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 21 15:19:03 CDT 2012

Hello all,
I'm trying to run Automation Direct's DirectSoft 5 PLC software under WINE.
Here's what I'm running:

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Laptop
Linux Distro: Debian Squeeze 6.05
Wine v1.01
Direct Logic 05 #D0-05DR
Serial  Communication

I am aware of the compatibility list for DirectSoft 5 and Automation Direct software.   I am capable of running the software in virtual box but that just brings me back to the frustration of window’s.

I can successfully run the software in wine if I adjust the DS500.ini COM*ENABLE=  to 0’s.  I have tried linking the ttyS0 to com2 (symbolically) with the COM2ENABLE=1 in the .ini and the program hangs. I've also tried Wine v1.4 and have the same issues.
Link code:

Code:
ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /~/.wine/dosdevices/com2

I have also changed the permissions of ttyS0 to 0644 with:

Code:
chmod 0644 /dev/ttyS0

And the program starts, and runs but will not communicate with the PLC.  I am running OP-WINEDIT Optimate configuration software just fine in wine with com2 linked to ttyS0.

Can anybody throw me a bone on what else I could try?
Thanks in Advance.