[Wine] LM12 No graphic in "playfield"

zhyzak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 22 12:34:02 CDT 2012

Hello!

My Problem is kind of vague. I already posted this in the Linux Mint Forum and got redirected here.

Ok, here's there problem:

I tried to install Titan Quest via wine (in own prefix and everything). I tweaked and edited....and voilá everything went absolutely smoothly. I didn't have any of the documented problems (from appdb.winehq). Text and sound were ok.
But: I don't see anything. Like: No background, no character. My character-screen is all white, my play field shrouded in black.

Hm.
Okay, I really badly wanted to play anything so I went and installed Vampire Bloodlines. Got some other issues there, but ultimately the same problem:
No play screen. Everything black. (Even though I was able to see and create a character).

In both games the sound works, the texts work, I can click everything - but see nothing.

For demonstration heres a picture of TQ:
[Image: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1052/bildschirmfotoam2012052.th.png ] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/bildschirmfotoam2012052.png/)

I am not sure, which Terminal output might be needed here, so for now I Post:

inxi -Gx

>     Graphics: Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
>     X.Org 1.10.4 drivers intel unloaded: fbdev,vesa Resolution 1366x768 at 60.0hz
>     GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 7.11 Direct Rendering Yes

sudo lshw -c display

>     [sudo] password for mareike:
>     *-display:0
>     product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
>     vendor: Intel Corporation
>     physical id: 2
>     bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
>     version: 09
>     width: 64 bits
>     clock: 33MHz
>     capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
>     configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
>     resources: irq:43 memory:f8000000-f83fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:1800(size=8)
>     *-display:1 UNCLAIMED
>     product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
>     vendor: Intel Corporation
>     physical id: 2.1
>     bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.1
>     version: 09
>     width: 64 bits
>     clock: 33MHz
>     capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
>     configuration: latency=0
>     resources: memory:f8400000-f84fffff

I 'm running on a Samsung R530
processor: pentium dual core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 Ghz x2
graphic: mobile intel GM45 express chipset x86/mmx/sse2
graphik driver: mobile intel gm45 express chipset.
Wine Version: 1.3.28

If you need any more info, please tell me.
And please be patient with me. I'm trying.