[Wine] Portal 2 disappears on initial loading screen

Schmiddehy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 23 07:02:19 CDT 2012

Hi,

I've got a problem playing portal 2 on steam through wine. It starts to load, I get the valve and source logos that come up after opening the game but as soon as it goes to the loading page (before the main menu) it just vanishes, without any error. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? The AppDB says the game works fine in general. I've also managed to play other games on my pc through steam, like portal 1 and team fortress 2, though they initially loaded into a resolution that was 'out of range' for my monitor, but this was easy to fix. I've tried running portal 2 in safe mode and also forcing it to use a specific resolution but it still just disappears. Anyone know what to do?