[Wine] Re: Network Drive configuration doesn't 'stick'

pastim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 25 15:59:52 CDT 2012

dimesio wrote:
> Did you also do this: http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/misc-things-to-configure#AEN725 ?

Thanks, but I don't understand.  I'm relatively new to Linux so please bear with me.

In the Wine configuration I mapped drive V to

[code]
/home/user/.gvfs/files on 192.168.1.10
[code/]

Which is where the share appears once mounted.  Provide the share is up and mounted, it all works perfectly well, and my windows applications can use drive V: to access the data.

I don't understand the instructions you referred me to.  What is the purpose of dosdevices/unc?  That's not the same as mapping a device letter is it?  I don't know how I would get my windows programs to work with this way of defining a share in Wine.