[Wine] Yet another iTunes enquiry

StutzJr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 26 02:18:22 CDT 2012

G'day,  I'm currently in the process of upgrading my OS from Windows XP SP3 to Linux Mint v. 12/13 and unfortunately I've found myself chained to an iHobblingDevice and would like to enquire about the current situation between Wine and iTunes.  I'm well aware of the current ratings (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1347) on WineHQ, but I'm interested to know the roadmap in regards to full compatibility.  As the Wine and iTunes versions increment over time, is support generally improving or is apple actively trying to break this possibility?  Is there any timeframe proposed for pratical useability?

I'm not really interested in the music import / playback function, but I'm trying to determine the best option to allow iTunes Store and Sync for my iPad & iPod without jailbreaking my devices or having to resort to a Windows XP virtualbox or dual boot.