[Wine] Re: Wine + unix ODBC + delphi app BIG PROBLEM....
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 26 05:33:35 CDT 2012
> Hi Romulo and x-man,
> as I said, you should file a bug and provide a sample app with easy-to-follow instructions. The biggest hurdle would probably be setting up an MSSQL server and creating test data, so maybe one of you could set up such a server at his/her home and make it publicly accessable for some time (as long as bug report would be open), this would make reproducing the bug much easier. This would of course pose an immense security risk, you should do this on a computer/VM which isn't important and you should delete/backup the whole system afterwards.
Well, I can't setup a server or a VM and open it here... But, I can explain WHEN the problem occours.
1. Install the latest version of Wine, unixODBC (For me, Wine is emulate an XP machine)
2. Install and configure unixODBC, so it can access the MSSQL server
3. Configure Wine to use builtin ODBC libraries
4. On Wine, navigate to c:\windows\system32 and run ODBCAD32.EXE
5. Create a System DNS, setting it to use SQL Autentication
The first 4 steps above I have done. But, on the Autentication screen in step 5, when I put the user/password and click "Next", the system hangs for a while, and then the message "SSL Secirity error" comes up.
Detail: if I configure Wine to use builtin library, I get the security error. If I configure it to use native DLLs, the ODBCAD32.EXE don't open!
I don't think is a bug... maybe a configuration detail or something like...
Thanks a lot!
More information about the wine-users