[Wine] [Solved] Strange problem with Civ IV

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Tue Apr 2 16:18:37 CDT 2013

Le Mon, 1 Apr 2013 18:54:17 +0200,
Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois at free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi.
>
> Something strange happened to me : I had a XFCE4 crash (with Debian),
> and when I reconfigured it, I couldn't start Civ IV anymore. With some
> traces, I figured out that I didn't have nvidia kernel anymore (a
> kernel update, maybe, but why did this wipe my configuration ???).
>
> So I reinstalled nvidia-kernel-dkms (version 295 from backport), but I
> still can't launch Civ IV.

I found the solution :

1) my previous xorg.conf had been backuped, I had to relink it.

2) I had to reinstall libgl1-nvidia-ia32, which is necessary in my
amd64 environment.

The lines that helped me to figure it out with the help of Google :

> err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
> err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
> err:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without

Sorry for the noise.

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|