[Wine] PLEASE add bug links!

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Aug 18 11:35:59 CDT 2013

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Ken Sharp wrote:
[...]
> > We have some instructions on Bugzilla's bug submission page (currently
> > 'Please do not PASTE logs and back traces'). It may make sense to add
> > something for the bug links either there or on the page confirming the
> > bug was enered. It would have a much better chance of being read there
> > than on the Wiki.
>
> Just add the link to the Wiki.

It's there already. Since you don't seem to know that it means you've
either never entered a Wine bug (but you made claims that seem to
indicate the contrary), or that you yourself don't read the instructions
on how to enter a bug. So why do you expect others to?

So I stand by my assessement that you have unrealistically high
expectations of others, and that going to a separate website is not part
of the normal workflow for entering a bug.

I'll also add that I've been entering Wine bugs for about as long
as is possible and I was not aware of the requirement to add the
bugs in the AppDB.

Note that I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have the AppDB and
Bugzilla nicely cross-referenced or that we shouldn't strive for it.
What I'm saying is:
 * As things stand you cannot act all surprised that it's not the case.
 * Putting all the blame on the bug reporters like you seem to be doing
   is not how you will improve the situation.

 "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on
       ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" -- Linus Torvalds