[Wine] PLEASE add bug links!

Ken Sharp kennybobs at o2.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 12:00:43 CDT 2013

On 18/08/13 17:35, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Ken Sharp wrote:
> [...]
>>> We have some instructions on Bugzilla's bug submission page (currently
>>> 'Please do not PASTE logs and back traces'). It may make sense to add
>>> something for the bug links either there or on the page confirming the
>>> bug was enered. It would have a much better chance of being read there
>>> than on the Wiki.
>>
>> Just add the link to the Wiki.
>
> It's there already. Since you don't seem to know that it means you've
> either never entered a Wine bug (but you made claims that seem to
> indicate the contrary), or that you yourself don't read the instructions
> on how to enter a bug. So why do you expect others to?

I know it's already there. Given I have just update a load of Wiki links
on how to correctly do all of this, who are you trying to blame for not
read this stuff?

> So I stand by my assessement that you have unrealistically high
> expectations of others,

You aim very low.

> and that going to a separate website is not part
> of the normal workflow for entering a bug.

For you. Other users manage it. It takes them seconds.

> I'll also add that I've been entering Wine bugs for about as long
> as is possible and I was not aware of the requirement to add the
> bugs in the AppDB.

You have been paying very little attention then as it has been brought
up a number of times. It is also IN THE WIKI!

> Note that I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have the AppDB and
> Bugzilla nicely cross-referenced or that we shouldn't strive for it.
> What I'm saying is:
>   * As things stand you cannot act all surprised that it's not the case.
>   * Putting all the blame on the bug reporters like you seem to be doing
>     is not how you will improve the situation.

So who is to blame? Is it your fault? It's not mine. Perhaps you are
blaming Codeweavers? Who is to blame for the inaction of others if it
not the people themselves?