[Wine] Wine Staging fixes bugs!

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Fri Oct 16 14:40:20 CDT 2015

Hi All,

I have extraordinary good news to share!

Red Hat (Fedora 22, Enterprise Linux 7) has switched from Wine to
Wine Stating.    Wine Stating is Wine with a bunch of bugs fixed
and developers that take fixing bugs seriously.

I have had bugs registered with regular Wine for over six years.
I don't know what your experience with Wine is, but I have found
that it is an extremely unusual event if Wine ever fixes a bug
I post to them.  It is very frustrating.

Since switching to Wine Stating and reposting my bugs to
them, they have fixed EVERY SINGLE ONE.  In one instance, I had
to get the software publisher permission to send them an ISO
of my disk (which they did) and Wine Staging fixed every single
bug within a week.  MOST THE VERY NEXT DAY.

This reminds me of when Open Office would not fix anything
(I had six year old bugs there too).  When Libre Office
launched, I reposted them to Libre Office.  They fixed
every single one within two weeks.  I have never looked back
on Open Office since.

Wine Staging (full tar ball):
     https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-patched/releases

If you are using Fedora of EL, you already have Wine Staging.

And make sure you report Wine Staging bugs to Wine Staging
(regular Wine gets a bit crabby if you report Staging's
bugs to them).

https://bugs.wine-staging.com

And Wine Staging reports their fixed back to Wine, where
they are eventually incorporated.

And, oh my goodness Lotus Smart Suite runs nicely under Wine
Stating  1.7.52!   YIPPEE !!!!

Oh and get this, on their bug reporter, they have a category
called "Discussion" (means discussion with a the developers).
You can actually ask them for assistance!

-T