[Wine] Cant find the D3D9 documentation on WineHQ.org

Coyo Stormcaller coyo at darkdna.net
Sat Jan 9 14:53:08 CST 2016

wiki.winehq.org/D3D9 I managed to find this page, but as you can see,
it has almost nothing on it.

Where can I find more detailed information on the internal architecture
of d3d9.dll and how it translates Direct3D calls to OpenGL calls
transparently to the application?

Is there a roadmap or something that would indicate what the current
status on Implementing a d3d11.dll (Direct3D 11) for use with newer
applications such as game clients that use Direct3D 11?

I have a pretty good idea of how gargantuan a task this is, but I
believe in you, I'm sure you can do it (assuming you have the funds and
manpower), so I just want to know whether or not this is actually a
planned feature of Wine as a whole, or if this is something not
currently planned for. I'll understand if it is not. There ARE a lot of
things in wine that could use more attention.

While a lot of games work surprisingly well over wine, I always launch
game clients from the terminal so I can observe the debug output. There
sure are a lot of fixmes and stubs.

I'm sure you guys are already aware of winsock (part of samba, IIRC)
and ReactOS which is a more comprehensive implementation of windows
DLLs and architecture. I just wanted to mention that I agree 100% with
http://wiki.winehq.org/ImportanceOfWine and understand the need for a
comprehensive compatibility layer for running .exe applications on
different platforms.

Thank you for all the hard work you have done so far, and I look
forward to seeing the good work that has yet to be done. Keep up the
good work.