[Wine] Problem with layer in Morowind

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Mon Oct 10 15:41:22 CDT 2016

Greetings,

at the moment I'm using wine 1.9.20 with a fresh profile. I discovered
the below described problem during my last play with Morrowind some time
before. Older version of wine, older version of nvidia-driver, older
Gentoo. Sorry for the uncertainty.

At that time I was able to switch to an even older version of wine which
did not have the problem. Probably wine 1.6.2. I'm not able now on my
Gentoo to test Versions older than wine 1.8.

Well, on the usual way. There may be ways around that. Now to tha
problem. Thanks for reading so far. :)

There are regions in Morrowind where the upper layer of the surface is
not displayed. Annoying when you are following a path in the wilderness
which tends to disappear. Tends, because lightly turning the mouse
toggles the disappearing. Here are screenshots of the problem.

On this picture all is okay.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/spiele/mw/mw_okay.png

After turning the mouse a bit the mess shows.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/spiele/mw/mw_fail.png

Is the problem known? Is there a possibility to persuade wine to behave
otherwise?

Hartmut