Update on WRS offer & Stuttgart University

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Thu Dec 16 07:58:37 CST 2004

Hi everybody,

- some news: I tried to contact Mr. Gemkow of the University of Stuttgart
several times (via telephone), but no luck so far - maybe he's on a
conference, sick, or simply overworked.

Mr. Schmid, the head of the WRS, has asked me to forward the offer to you
(see below).

Bye,

David

***
WINEConf Stuttgart Region - About and support of Stuttgart Region

The Stuttgart Region Economic Development Corporation (WRS) is

- founded to provide services to industry and communities in the field of
economic development
- a subsidiary of the administrative body of the larger Stuttgart Region
- provides marketing for the Stuttgart Region
- assists in cluster management of specific industries
- advises and assists companies during the search for available sites and
buildings

In the context of our initiative "Open Source Region Stuttgart"
http://opensource.region-stuttgart.de the WRS supports conferences and
meetings of Open Source projects of various aspects when held in the
Stuttgart Region. For example the WRS is co-organizer of the KDE Community
World Summit 2004 in Ludwigsburg near Stuttgart
http://conference2004.kde.org/ . The Perlworkshop 6.0 , GUADEC6 (GNOME
Conference) http://2005.guadec.org/papers.html , ApacheCon Europe and more
than 40 other Open Source Events in the Stuttgart Region are organized or
supported by the WRS as well.

WRS would like to help to organise a successful WINEConf 2005 in Stuttgart
Region.

We did some resarch on possible conference venues. As there are:

QUADRIUM WERNAU, http://www.quadrium-wernau.de
Wernau is easily reachable in 25 minutes from Stuttgarts main railway
station. As the Stuttgart Region is located in the middle of Europe there
is absolutely no doubt that the conference can be reached easily with
direct flights from nearly every European country. Overseas guests can
reach Stuttgart from the Frankfurt Airport in 1,5 hours or directly with
Delta from Atlanta.

Conference venue in Wernau has been opened in April 2005 and is completed by
a wellness-area http://www.wellness-wernau.de/ . The infrastructure of the
venue fullfills "Wineconf Requirements List v0.2". The possible date is
from 23th-25th of April 2005. WRS can pay the rent for the conference venue
if we can become a co-organizer of WINEConf. The costs for the technical
equipment ans personal staff has to be organised and paid by the WINE
project. WRS will try to find local (technical) sponsors in the region.
There is no hotel for more than 60 persons in Wernau. Conference guest have
to sleep in two different hotels. Pricing of hotels is ok.

K3N, NUERTIMGEN, http://www.k3n.de
Nuertingen is easily reachable in 25 minutes from Stuttgarts main railway
station. The infrastructure of the venue fullfills "Wineconf Requirements
List v0.2". The possible date is from 23th-25th of April 2005. There are
enough hotels next to the conference venue. WRS can pay the rent for the
conference venue if we can become a co-organizer of WINEConf. The costs for
the technical equipment ans personal staff has to be organised and paid by
the WINE project.

WRS suggests Nuertingen as conference venue.

WRS can help and organize

· Local/regional and German wide press work to jointly market the conference
· Suggestions for social program & infrastructure for attendees (in part by
our sister organization Regio Stuttgart Marketing)
· Assistance in targeting potential local sponsors of the event
· Help to recruit local helpers from the 10 Linux user groups in the region

CONTACT

Hans-Ulrich Schmid

Wirtschaftsförderung Region Stuttgart GmbH
Stuttgart Region Economic Development Corporation
FIR_st - Forum IT-Region Stuttgart

Friedrichstr. 10
70174 Stuttgart

www.first.region-stuttgart.de