Webcast

Joe Baker joebaker at dcresearch.com
Sun Jan 11 22:25:05 CST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 04:43, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> I'll be coming with a camera 2.
> Should I bring the wireless mic as well?
>
> Joe If you have the skills I think we should appoint you to be chief
> Producer/Director.

My skills are in filming, directing, lighting, switching & videography.

I'm not sure how to do the live streaming server stuff, but we can
always put it on tape for archival viewing later on.  Of course the
beauty of broadcasting live is that you can multicast (with special
ISP routing provisions) requiring less bandwidth.

I think the LPBN.org folks should be consulted for the broadcasting
part.  As for editing the material, that can be done on Linux as well
as will be shown at the Madison Linux User Group on Jan 13th, 2004.
I can help getting images that the viewers can see and that are stable
and look good with clear audio so the quality doesn't distract from the
content.

Is there any thought to doing multiple breakout seminars at the same
time?  I once arranged video coverage for an event where there were
9 different seminars happening at the same time for about 5 timeslots.

-Joe Baker
 414-788-8284
 262-763-7696

> It looks like we have the Video-streaming server, a couple of cameras, I
> could be a second photographer if you need.
> Now its up to you to envision the broadcast.
>
> Joe Baker wrote:
>
> >I am planning on attending WineConf and I have significant
> >professional skill as a videographer.  I've got a firewire
> >camcorder and a decent wireless microphone.  I'd love to be
> >of service in this way.
> >
> >-Joe Baker
> > 414-788-8284 Cell
> >

> >On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 12:32, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> >

> >>The last wineconf was webcasted to the world via this page
> >>http://www.lpbn.org/lpbnwine.htm
> >>Is there any chance of lpbn or CW webcasting wineconf 2004?
> >>A free real server is available from
> >>https://www.helixcommunity.org/
> >>
> >>Ivan.

Joe Baker <joebaker at dcresearch.com>