Wineconf committee

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 30 10:29:47 CST 2004

Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> think it would be better to dust that one off, so that we make sure no
> one is dropped off the loop.

Good point; in theory, we should all get way too many copies of this email,
and then we can just shift to the mailing list.

On other points, I have not yet heard from Ulrich Gemkow; I think if he
can arrange cooperation with the University of Stuttgart, that
would be ideal.

David, does that change what our target location
should be?  Are there hotels right by the University campus?

As far as sponsoring, I think the more sponsors the better.
Last year, we spent about $3,000 (not counting travel), and the
Wine donations covered about another $1,600 in travel sponsorships.

We seem to be on course for spending less money this coming
year, but perhaps LinGnu could pick up the cost for
a morning coffee/donut session.

We could also charge an admission fee if we feel that we need more.
The key question is whether we'll need to cover custodial and
other charges for the University facility; if we do, that
could be significant money.  My preference would be to have it
open to all, if we can afford that.

Cheers,

Jeremy