Planning meals for Wineconf

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 21 16:22:21 CDT 2005

Folks,

I worry that we have left this a little bit too late, and
that we have not been giving Herr Gemkow enough support.

At this point, I understand that we have the following
plans:

   1.  Coffee to be provided by the University, as they
       have good high powered coffee makers.

   2.  Rolls of some sort to be bought and brought in
       separately by local volunteers, whether that's
       Michael, Andi, or Brian is not yet clear.
       The thinking is that most folks will have breakfast
       at their hotel, so the rolls/donuts are a 'nice to
       have', not a 'have to have'.

   3.  Lunch is still open.  I think if we just ordered
       30 pizzas delivered along with some soda that would
       suffice.  I don't know if there are more elaborate
       plans than that, or if it would be okay for us to
       have pizza in the meeting rooms.

   4.  Dinner Saturday I think we're nearly done on; I understand
       that Hans-Ulrich is making a reservation for us on
       Saturday.

Is that about right?  Am I way behind the curve?

It seems to me that if we could have someone to volunteer
to take care of rolls (there are two days, so maybe two
volunteers), and if someone could volunteer to figure
out lunch, that we would maybe have this covered.

As far as how this all gets paid for, I think we're still
figuring out who is willing to sponsor what events; CodeWeavers
will at the least cover any otherwise unclaimed expenses,
so folks should certainly feel comfortable scheduling pizza
deliveries knowing that someone will step up to pay for it.

(I was planning on picking up dinner on Saturday; if all other
expenses get to be too much, I'm going to assume no one will mind
going dutch on Saturday; we're looking at ~20-25 EUR/person).

Thoughts?  Comments?

Cheers,

Jer