Update on WRS offer & Stuttgart University

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Mon Jan 3 15:33:49 CST 2005

Hi everybody,

On Sonntag 19 Dezember 2004 20:37, Brian Vincent wrote:
> I think we should set some dates and secure one of those places
> by then - I'd say by January 3rd we should make that decision.  By
> Jan 10th we should actually have reservations.  I realize Christmas is in
> between, but I think we're all still reading email.  Between Jan 3rd and
> Jan 10th we should put out a plan on wine-devel to make sure we're not
> overlooking something.

OK, so now knowing that Mr Schmid is going to be back in office at the 10th
of January, and that WRS has opted for reservations to be made on 15th of
January as the latest date, I propose the following schedule:

* Until Jan 10: Complete requirements list to the fullest extent possible
         Really set a date for Wineconf 05
                "Put out a plan on wine-devel to make sure we're not over-
                 looking something." (thanks, Brian ;)

* Jan 10 to 14: Period for final coordination of voluntary helpers,
         WRS, and (hopefully) Stuttgart University[1].

* Jan 15:       Make reservations

Please feel free to totally change the schedule, but please keep in mind the
two dates that are hard to change - Jan 10 (Mr Schmid is back) and Jan 15
(reservations are to be made). I'd really appreciate seeing some people who
have more experience with these organizational things step up and speak
their mind, as I have probably forgotten some important parts :-)

For now, could please someone (Michael?) tell me about the current status of
the University's commitment, and maybe put me in touch with Mr. Gemkow?

Bye,

David

[1] Mr. Schmid is back in office at the 10th[2], so he can anwer many
    organisational questions concerning locations and hotels I won't be able
    to respond to.
[2] For very urgent cases, he gave me his private phone number, but I'd very
    much hate bothering him and his family with Wineconf during his hard-
    earned holidays.