Uni of Stuttgart ok with Wineconf

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Tue Jan 4 11:29:19 CST 2005

As it was written in the Book of Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>:
> This is great!  It seems like 4/23 is the weekend that worked
> best for Brian, and Brian has done enough work organizing this
> that we owe him that change, imho.

Excellent news!  I just confirmed those dates will definitely work for me.
If that causes a problem for anyone else I can be flexible, but it sounds
like it might work best.

I think we've agreed on the following:

 1) The event will be non-commercial in the sense we don't make money on
    it.  CodeWeavers and WRS will provide $$$ and support to help pull
    this event off.

 2) Wineconf will be hosted at the University of Stuttgart.

 3) The criteria for meeting space we came up with seems pretty solid.  I
    included it at the bottom of this email in case anyone wants to review
    it again.  Included are room sizes and other requirements.

I think this is current working list of things to do:

 1) Confirm we have 3 rooms at the University that will meet the criteria
    we came up with.  I think it's better to try to get 3 now, then try
    to add another later.  Of course, if 3 is a problem then we can make
    2 work.  WRS will need confirmation of that.  Confirm by 1/8?

 2) WRS will help locate lodging near the University.  Lodging package by
    1/14?

 3) Send a message to wine-devel and let everyone know dates, times,
    places, and a plan for putting together an agenda.  I think we
    should solicit wine-devel for ideas about how we should structure
    the presentations.  I think last year CodeWeavers had it about 97%
    right but we did discuss adding multiple tracks this year.  I can put
    this message together unless Jeremy wants to do it.  Preview of message
    on 1/8 sent to this list, message sent to wine-devel on 1/10.  (Keep
    in mind if I send the message on 1/10 there can still be a discussion
    on that day because of the timezone I'm in.)

 4) Put together a simple website similar to last year's so we can
    distribute all the info from the above.  Jeremy - do you think you
    can free up Newman sometime this week to do it?  Tentative web site
    by 1/14?  Or, I can put it together somewhere on WineHQ if no one
    minds me doing the cvs commits.

To Jeremy's point, anyone can subscribe to this list, but at the moment
the discussion is around planning the event not discussing the specifics
of people's travel arrangements.

Can anyone else think of what needs to be done?

Thanks Michael for looking into this and thank you Mr. Gemkow for the
generous offer!

-Brian