Uni of Stuttgart ok with Wineconf

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Tue Jan 4 12:08:53 CST 2005

As it was written in the Book of Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>:
> > 1) The event will be non-commercial in the sense we don't make money on
> >    it.  CodeWeavers and WRS will provide $$$ and support to help pull
> >    this event off.
>
> Don't forget Shachar as well.  Luckily, it looks like not much money
> will be needed.  I think the summary is as follows:
>
>   a)  if it helps, we'll provide guarantees to a hotel to help lock in
>       better rates.  This may not be necessary or even help.

This was specifically what I had in mind when I mentioned there would
be some commercial monetary support.

>   b)  If we can, it's nice to just provide breakfast and lunch each
>       of the two days.  It seems like that's a nice way for people to
>       contribute $ (we bought dinner last year one night as well,
>       and we're happy to do that again).

(that was great last year, thanks!)

>   c)  I'm not sure if we need any $ from WRS (although maybe a breakfast
>       would be nice), but man power would be invaluable.

Yes - someone to help point people in the direction of the University,
moving around tables and chairs, make phone calls, etc.

>   d)  We have a fair amount of money donated to the Wine project available.
>       Last time I looked, it was about $1500.  Last year, we used that
>       to subsidize travel (I was able to give about $400 to 4 people last
>       year).  Not sure if that's a good use for those funds or not,
>       so I'm open to suggestion.

I would sure hate someone important using the excuse they don't have enough
money to attend.  Is this something we should consider including in the
wine-devel announcement?

-Brian