Uni of Stuttgart ok with Wineconf

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 4 12:25:34 CST 2005

> I would sure hate someone important using the excuse they don't have enough
> money to attend.  Is this something we should consider including in the
> wine-devel announcement?

Yeah, this was something I felt a bit awkward about last year.  I don't
want to just broadcast it, because then 30 people get a $50 discount
on their travel.  But if it is a make or break issue for someone - even
someone with only a modest Wine track record - then it seems like
we've done A Good Thing (TM).

What I did last year was announce that their was a limited fund and
then asked people to contact me privately.  That seemed to filter
it well, and we only had 4 people ask, so I feel like the money made
a real difference to at least those 4 people.

Cheers,

Jeremy