WineConf 2007?

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Tue Dec 19 07:56:43 CST 2006

Ouch!  Man!  Give a guy just a little bit of peace, would ya? <grin>

I haven't thought about it at all, to be honest.

We're always happy to host here in St. Paul, and we are thinking that this time
we could even do it on the one day in July when it's warm.
(Actually, the way the climate is going, we could do it right now... :-/)

However, being honest, it is clear that Europe is closer to the center
of Wine development than St. Paul, so I think it makes sense for Wineconf
to mostly be in Europe, with occassional runs back here.

So far, the only Europeans to offer to host are the Slovakians.
I have to confess that I had a mental sense that France should be next;
England, Germany, and France seem to me to be the 'big 3' in terms of
where Wine hackers live.

Dan Kegel was making noises about seeing if Google could do a simultaneous
host in several locations, using Google offices and video conferencing to connect the groups.
I'm not sure if that's a real possibility, and I remain fairly skeptical
about the pleasure of bringing video conferencing equipment to the bar
(and, by extension, whether a conference by video would be
any fun :-/).

We should probably also extend a call to the wider wine-devel mailing list,
as the folks here are mostly the folks that have been.  Presumably, we'd
like to make sure to also include folks that have previously been unable
to make it.

Cheers,

Jeremy