Survey results

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 6 11:26:27 CST 2006

Jeremy White wrote:

>Well, we didn't get a huge set of results (only 18 answers),
>so I'm not sure how statistically interesting this is;
>answers continue to trickle in, but I thought I'd report
>on what we have so far.
>
>But several things emerged as conclusive to me.
>
>First, out of the 18 responses, 8 voted for Sat/Sun,
>4 for Fri/Sat, 3 for Weekdays (3 didn't pick).
>That seems like Sat/Sun then is our best choice.
>
>Second, again out of that sample, we had 8 for the UK,
>5 for DE, 3 for MN, 1 for Northern California, and 1 for any old where.
>
>That implies Europe pretty strongly to me, and also suggests
>a pretty solid nod to the UK.
>
>As for the dates, there wan't any real consensus.
>The only thing that emerged was that September 16th was the
>only date that *everyone* could make.
>
>That suggests to me that we should nail down September 16th
>*now* before that changes.
>
>Rob, are you still game for organizing this near Reading?

Sure. The university should be available at that time. It has the
advantages of:
a) having cheap accomodation;
b) having plenty of accomodation so we should all be able to stay near
each other;
c) being cheap and easy to get to from the centre of Reading;
d) having plenty of places to get beer nearby.

--
Rob Shearman