Wineconf 06 Keysigning

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Wed Sep 6 15:27:05 CDT 2006

Hi,

at Wineconf 2005, we've had a quite successful GPG key signing party. Thus,
I'd like to volunteer for organizing a GPG keysigning party at Wineconf
2006 as well. Quoting last year's party organizer (Shachar Shemesh), anyone
who wishes to participate, please:

   1. Have a PGP key. You can generate one for yourself using gpg.
   2. Send the PGP (public) key and its finger print to me AT THE VERY
      LATEST ON TUESDAY 12. Any later then that, and it is not certain that
      we'll manage to get your key on the printed piece of paper that is
      necessary for carrying out the party.
   3. Bring a copy you can trust to wineconf, to make sure other people are
      really signing your key (i.e. - that I'm not pulling anybody's leg).
   4. Bring an identifying ID to wineconf. Two is preferable. Passport or a
      driver license in a language people can read. If you can only bring
      one, a passport is definitely preferable.

The full details of what a key signing party is, why are the procedures as
they are, and what's so important about *not* signing the keys with your
laptop at the party can be found at
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html

Note: No aliases on PGP keys. If your PGP key says "lord master of compiler
optimization", then your passport had better say the same or no one will be
able to sign your key. Also, if you DON'T want the key published to a key
server, please let me know well in advance. Obviously, your key will be
published to all the people present at the key party. If your name's not
there on your email headers, include it in the body. The name must be the
same as appears on your formal IDs.

The purpose of a pgp signing party is to establish a link between your
virtual identity (your key) and your real one (as verified by an ID). For
that reason it is impossible to participate by proxy, or under an alias.

Cheers

David

Dipl.-Inform. David Gümbel . . . . . . . . . david.guembel at itomig.de
ITOMIG GbR . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . mobil:  +49 179 5400885
Sand 14  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .http://www.itomig.de