Power converters

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 12 06:57:47 CDT 2006

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 12:40:37PM +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
>

>>Tom Wickline wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Will there be power converters available or should we bring our own?
>>>

>>You should bring your own.
>>

>But note that these, of course, usually aren't required for most(!!?)
>notebook PSUs (or shavers).
>
>However it's a good idea to have them available, especially since there
>are still a couple of weird non-notebook appliances out there ;)

That is correct. The way to determine whether a convertor is required
(as opposed to a simple adaptor to allow you to actually plug the device
in, which is what I thought you meant) is to look at the back of the
device or the power brick and locate the section that describes the
electrical requirements of it. If it says 100-240V and 50-60Hz then it
is safe to use in the UK and Europe.

--
Rob Shearman