WineConf 2007

Dan Kegel dank06 at kegel.com
Tue Feb 6 09:42:35 CST 2007

On 2/6/07, Dan Kegel <dank06 at kegel.com> wrote:
> videotaped talks on YouTube for viewing a couple hours later.
> Hopefully the talks in Amsterdam would be available for viewing
> the next day on YouTube.
> Taping, editing, and uploading the talks would be a challenge,
> you would want one person doing the recording, and a second
> person doing the editing and uploading (presumably during the
> next talk.)  It'd be quite a trick if it worked.  (I tried taping
> the 2006 talks, and both my camerawork and my audio were
> lousy; maybe I could practice on some local events to refine my
> technique.)

Better idea: record the video straight from the presenter's laptop,
using http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/

The Ubuntu demo team uses this.  Their writeup is at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/RecordingScreencasts
(it's scary because they also document how they create
screencasts of installing new operating systems, which involves
virtual machines; that's not needed for screencasting plain
old demos or talks.)

I'll see if I can get that working on my laptop, and maybe put
up some simplified instructions.
- Dan