How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:14:43 CST 2007

On 2/6/07, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/6/07, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - European attendees have to trek over to LA
>
> I expect the cost of the travel for the European attendees to
> out-weigh the savings on food and lodging. I'd much rather see it held
> somewhere in the EU though maybe thats just because I like getting out
> of the US. If the European developers want to come over then as far as
> the technical side of the conference goes LA seems to work best

I think we should look at all aspects before we jump to a hurried
decision on where the next  conference should be held. Dan has made a
very generous proposal and I think we should give it a full review.
And as of now the technical side is very heavily favored on the side
of LA. But you bring up a good point in that there is much more to a
conference than just technical specifications, we need to also look at
the social experience as well.

To be honest the location isn't that important to me, the overall
conference and experience is what is important in the end.

Thus far the only person that Ive seen that outright opposes a US
location is "Shachar" for political reasons.

After a specified given time should we put the locations to a vote?

Tom